Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday Update

Hello! It sure has been awhile. I have just been working away getting my presents made and custom orders done :)
I've been busy putting new items on etsy...still not much luck on there. Facebook continues to be my main source of customers which is just fine by me! Although I haven't gotten much attention on etsy I did manage to catch the attention of the creative editor of Simply Handmade Magazine. She sent me a product request asking that I submit some items for their summer issue. I feel like I'm jinxing it just talking about it but since there is no guarantee that I'll make it in the issue I might as well celebrate this now :)So woo hoo!
I thought I would share two new holiday crafts I did this year.
Advent Calendar
I was inspired by this amazing advent tree from Sunset magazine

I wish mine turned out that great...I decided to only use what I had on hand. I got out my trusty Cricut and cut out my tags and numbers. I decided to write a bible verse on the back of each tag that we could look up together as a family each night. Then I made little "ornaments" for my son to hang up in place of the tag we take down each night. The ornaments are simply asterisk's cut from felt. I wish I would have gotten a picture because they actually are pretty cute.
I had a vase and twigs leftover from these adorable decorations we made for my grandma's 90th birthday last month...

so I just hung the tags all over that...I looks a lot more crowded and messy then Sunset magazine's version..oh well my 4 year loves it just the same :)


I also made an upcycled wreath...the form is from a wreath I made previously, the yarn is leftover from a project, and the ruffles are made from old tshirts...

No comments:

Post a Comment