Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'm on a Mission

I am on a mission to give our bedroom a little face lift. I refuse to spend a lot of money on this so in step with my "Hey I can do that" attitude I decided to make everything myself. Step one was to make some artwork for our walls. I came up with these in one night. Total project time was two days with drying time. The best part is I made these with things I already had laying around in the garage!

Now, I am in no way claiming to be a painter. I know this is far from being technically good. In fact only the background is actually paint the rest is paper.
Anyways, like I said I painted the background with colors that I mixed from paint I already had. For the mustard yellow I actually used 2 different colors to give it a little more interest. The rest is paper that I just simply cut out and glued. To finish it off I gave it a few coats of satin varnish.
I must add that the colors really aren't that bright in person. The yellow is a little more mustardy and the blue is more teal and less turquoise.
In the end I LOVE how they turned out. I can't wait to see them hung on the walls.
Next step in my mission...pillows. Maybe next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment