Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Presents for a Little Lady

My oldest niece turned 10 yesterday. I knew she wanted hair clips so that is exactly what she got. I also made her a hair clip holder out of a 10 inch embroidery hoop..super easy and I think it turned out really cute.

I painted the hoop pink and used some scrap fabric. I used thumb tacks in the back to hold the ribbon in place.

I wish I had a picture of her wearing the clips...she is too cute.

I love giving homemade gifts. However, Jackson does not like it at all. He thinks that since I make the gift it is solely from me, not our family. I knew Hope wanted magnets for her locker at school so I knew that would be a perfect little gift from him. He really did most of the work, he even picked out the colors, I just helped to make sure things came out as neat as they could.

(The glue still wasn't completely dry in this picture so they did come out a lot clearer then this)
He was really proud of them and really excited to give them to her. He sure loves his cousins!

1 comment:

  1. Hope loves her flower clips and has been wearing them to school. Emma has also been wearing one everyday. It makes her crazy hair look tame! =)

    ReplyDelete