Sunday, June 27, 2010

Whats Old is New Again

This afternoon I had a little spare time to myself. I had a sick boy resting, a husband off playing baseball, and a garbage bag full of clothes going to the garage sale stack. I managed to make two cute new shirts out of a few things I was getting rid of...
Of course, like always, I didn't take pictures of every step. This started out as a persimmon colored, long sleeved tee with a high neckline. I cut off the sleeves and made it into a scoop neck tank. I'm a fan of the messy, distressed look so I decided to do a hap hazard box pleat around the neck. I didn't want it looking neat so I left the raw edges and didn't measure the pleats at all. The fabric I used for the pleats is the lining from an old skirt. I really like how it came out and I love the price tag...$0.


I didn't do anything to alter the shape of this tank. The patterned fabric is actually the ties from an old shirt I had that I just cut off. I layed them out and scrunched them up kinda crazy and uneven and then sewed them on. Really, really easy. I love how this one came out too. I can't wait to wear it!

2 comments: