Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ninja Turtle Birthday

Ok, so I did some few crafts for my sons birthday. Just a few and nothing too complicated.
Man Hole Covers:


This is just cardstock. I cut out the rectangles and used my cricut to cut out the letters. Since it's the sewer I rubbed some ink pads on them to make them look dirty.
Ooze:
Not sure how you can have a Ninja Turtle party without ooze :) I was surprised by how many ooze/slim recipes are out there. I used this recipe because it looked like the ooze from the movie:


It was really easy to make! I have left over glue so I think making more would be a good rainy day craft for sure!

Pinata:
I never thought I would attempt to make a pinata but there is just something that happens to a mom when their child asks them ever so sweetly to do something. :) It wasn't hard to do it just took up way to much time. The process was not pretty either...I ended up using cardboard taped together to make the pizza shape, then paper mache, and then the tissue paper for the decoration. It cost me next to nothing too because I already had most of the items. However, I would rather pay the full amount for one at the party store next time!

I was worried it wasn't sturdy enough and it turned out that the pinata was pretty indestructible!

Rice Crispy Treats:
Instead of cake Jack wanted rice crispy treats. Well, to be exact he wanted them green, on a stick, and decorated like the ninja turtles faces. He got 2 out of the 3 requests. You can go that extra mile if you want but there was no way I was even going to attempt that.


That's it. Like I said, just a few simple things.
When I searched for Ninja Turtle party ideas I was less then impressed by what I found so maybe this can help someone out!

4 comments:

  1. this is really cool. what did you use to put the ooze in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I used this recipe for the ooze: http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryactivities/ss/slimerecipe.htm
    but I used the clear gel glue instead of white glue. Then I put it in small ziplock type storage containers so the kids could take them home as their party favors. It was a hit...this was back in April and my son still plays his ooze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Will be making it for my sons party. Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete