Friday, April 2, 2010

I Spy

Like any other parent I spend most of my days thinking up things to keep my son entertained. He loves I Spy and Where's Waldo books. I have passed those I Spy games at Target and have been tempted to buy them more then once. I remembered seeing this I Spy type game in a bottle done in various parenting magazines and websites so I thought I would give it a try today...
This DIY game was an A+ for me because he was also able to help me every step of the way which he's really into at this age.
We used rice (approx 4 cups)and divided it into baggies. Then I let him choose 4 colors of food coloring and we dyed the rice. We let it set for about 30 minutes and then put it on plates to make sure it was dry....

I put all the rice in a large bowl and let him mix...


We searched the house for small items to put inside the bottle...

We put all of our items in the bottle and then used a funnel to fill the bottle up with our rice and here is our finished product...

So far it has been a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment