Friday, April 2, 2010

In an Attempt to Avoid Cleaning

Jackson loves notebooks. He prefers to draw in a notebook vs. just a normal piece of paper. I think he gets that from me...I'm totally that person that has like 20 notebooks stashed around the house filled with various lists and other ramblings.
Anyways, in an attempt to avoid cleaning I just made him this...



I've always wanted to try and make my own notebook but I thought it would be too complicated. I found instructions here
It was really simple and did not take much time at all. And of course I love that you can just use things you already have around the house. I used normal printer paper folded in half and two pieces of cardstock glued together for the cover.
I think it turned out adorable! I like how versatile this can be and would make a great homemade gift!

5 comments:

  1. Not sure why my link didn't show up but I got the instructions from http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-100-page-Notebook/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this craft... it looks like a great one. Hoping its not too hard for me. I also found a smaller version of a notebook here: http://jenhewett.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-make-hand-stitched-notebook.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it! Thanks for this great idea. It was fun to make and there are so many options and variations. It can make for a great gift too! If you want to see mine go here:

    http://web.me.com/andrealeejohnson/Johnson_Family/Blog/Entries/2010/4/7_Craft_TimeHomemade_Notebook.html

    Thanks again Sarah! You always have great ideas to copy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great! I'm actually making two more right now for Jackson's teachers since I'm the bad room mom that forgot Easter gifts :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch out...these are addicting...I made four last night!

    ReplyDelete